With the advancements in technology, it is now possible for you, I am assuming you are someone without any coding experience, to build your own awesome-looking eCommerce website.
Retail stores, every day, realize the benefits of an online store and move their stores online. Entrepreneurs that from the get-go wish you start their business online; this article is for you! I will be mentioning here 10 platforms to build a stunning E-commerce website. Without further ado, let us begin.
10 Most Trusted Platforms to build eCommerce Websites [ Online Stores ]
Shopify has been in the game for about 15 years now and seems to only grow by each passing day. Each day Entrepreneurs from around the world start-up an online shop using Shopify; more than a million stores have been built with the efficacious interface of the e-seller.
It specializes in getting things into action as soon as possible and works best if you have a small store with not a ton of products. That isn’t to say that you cannot run a big store on it, simply that it is especially useful if you are selling 10+ products.
Shopify is extremely easy to use thanks to its intuitive interface and you will have no problem building your own website and you can give it a shot by taking the 14-day free trial, should be enough to make up your mind,.
- Shopify has a drag and drop interface, making things easy for newbies
- Top-tier support is at offer providing you with access to E-commerce university, experts, help centre and more
- SEO and Marketing tools are at your disposal like Social Media Integrations, top-notch SEO practices, automated sitemap.xml and more
- Ease of Management features like Calculation of taxes, shipping charges, reminders to customers, customer profile etc is provided by Shopify
- Extremely easy to setup
- 1-click selling
- 10 free themes
- Ton of certified partners
- Security measures
- Need a developer for advanced features
- You have to pay for more themes
- Studies show the SEO performance is poor
- Shopify basic: USD $29 per month
- Shopify: USD $79 per month
- Shopify Advanced: USD $299 per month
Fitting to its name, BigCommerce is an E-commerce website used by the giants of any and every industry. However, they also look for small business by offering them similar benefits and features at an affordable cost.
It has an interface that allows for tech-orientated people to make use of CSS and HTML but for those that know little to nothing about code, they too can customise their website using the many customizable themes.
BigCommerce allows you to easily list your products out on other market places such as Facebook, Amazon etc. and accept payment via online processors like Stripe, PayPal or Amazon or go the old-school route charge using bank transfer, money-order to cheque . You do miss out on certain useful features like abandoned cart saver and custom SSL but that is to be expected and you do essentially get what you need. You can start your free 15-day trial today!
- Utilize plug-in POS integrations and using SEO boosting strategies like robot.txt access and customizable URLs
- Option for Channel integration like Google, Facebook, Amazon
- Using the Page Builder tool, get your store up and running and make changes with to the site without coding
- Benefits from having access to industries leading experts and help center 24/7
- Provides more built-in features than its competitions
- SEO tools are excellent
- Works for all levels of businesses
- Sell across multiple channels
- Only a limited number of free themes
- Advanced tools require some knowledge to use
- Terminology could have been simpler
- Standard: $29.95/mo
- Plus: $79.95/mo
- Pro: $299.95/mo
Wix is massively popular thanks to their marketing campaign, ease-of-use, features and customer support. The platform currently has over 110 million users worldwide and that number increases by the minute.
While most sites focus entirely on the commerce section, Wix offers you the full-deal, helping you build a complete website with an emphasis on Blog posts, About sections etc. as well as the eCommerce section.
It offers you more customizability and features than any other website builder out there. Even while using the cheapest plan at offer, you are provided by useful eCommerce tools like Multi-channel integration, Abandoned cart recovery, ‘Buy now’ and ‘Add to cart’ buttons and more. Overall, it is able to integrate useful eCommerce features with an easy to customize website builder.
- All Wix websites have SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates
- Mobile Optimization
- A number of aesthetic-improving tools at offer like scroll effects, animations etc.
- Over 500 designer-made templates to choose from.
- Built-in SEO and other industry-leading marketing tools
- Simple to use, modify and get running
- 72 free themes
- Built-in SEO and ability to sell on Instagram
- Sends emails for abandoned cart recovery
- Lacking in terms of Upselling features and Advanced automation
- Business Basic: $3.08/month billed annually
- Business Unlimited: $4.10/month billed annually
- Business VIP: $6.83/month billed annually
If you are familiar with WordPress, you know it is the best SEO tool and if you are familiar with it, WooCommerce is going seem like a piece of cake. Developed by WooThemes, WooCommerce is an open-sourced single platform for both E-commerce and affiliated website.
It is a plug-in, so you are going to need a WordPress site that supports integrations and then choose a host. This plugin is free for the most part but you have to pay for a number of extensions along with host and domain fee. Using it is extremely easy and you can easily manage your orders or create offers and much more.
- Plug-in for WordPress websites to add a shopping cart
- Best in class SEO by WordPress
- Allows you to add tags, categories and attributes
- Unlimited products, images with product filtering
- 1-Click selling
- Access to all WordPress themes and SEO tool
- Dedicated plugins to offer more flexibility and use
- Many plugins ARE paid
- It isn’t a CMS dedicated only to eCommerce.
- Need to install plugins for many advanced functions
- Startup: $14.99/mo
- Grow big: $24.99/mo
- Go Geek: $39.99/mo.
- 5. Volusion: Volusion started way back in 1999 and continues to this day. Over 30k plus users have, together, been able to generate over $28 billion in sales. This Ecommerce platform is cloud-hosted that offer you everything you are going to need to get started. It has, at offer, 14 free themes that you can choose from (you can pay and get more) and then start designing your website from scratch. It offers deep analytics and insight reports which help keep track of your store’s success. You can easily link up your store with other marketplaces like Facebook, Amazon or eBay. Volusion may not be as famous but it is worth a look, especially considering the 14-day free trial.
- – Specialises in sales, analytical and insight reports
- – Manage customer accounts and inventory management
- – Show customers Related Products
- – Mobile app and ability to sell in multiple currencies
- – Feature-rich
- – 20 years of expertise
- – Payments gateways include most major names
- – $99 to install an SSL certificate
- – Needs refinement
- – Personal Plan: $29 per month
- – Professional Plan: $79 per month
- – Business Plan: $299 per month
- 6. Prestashop: Prestashop is an open-source, dedicated E-commerce platform which is known for its user-friendly interface. It offers its users a number of features, a lot of which are free to access. It requires little to no prior coding experience and making your website beautiful feels like a breeze. The features we spoke of earlier are analytical tools, product management, multiple payouts and much more. The built-in tools are plentiful but you can expand your arsenal via additional plugins and themes. It is different than WordPress in terms of usage but the same amount of punch.
- – Over 1,000 modules and themes.
- – It is available in over 25 languages
- – Integrations of third party-tools
- – Legal Support
- – All necessary functions built-in
- – Access to source file yet user-friendly
- – Open-source community support
- – Takes time to learn advanced features
- – No support team for the free version
- Single Shared Hosting: $9.99 per month
- Premium Shared Hosting: $10.99 per month
- Business Shared Hosting: $15.99 per month
- 7. 3Dcart: If more payment options are what you are looking for, look no further. 3Dcart offers over 160 payment gateways directly integrated into your store. It is by no means a one-trick pony as you are given a number of built-in tools for blogging, helping users read useful articles. The support team of 3Dcart are also quite helpful and informative which is much appreciated as it isn’t the most beginner-friendly platform out there. It has partnered with Zapier giving you potentially 1000+ third-party integrations to make things easier. For business at the lower level, this is a very reliable option.
- – Fully hosted and maintained
- – Secure and fully PCI compliant
- – A whole bunch of marketing tools
- – 24/7/365 Expert Tech Support
– Supports 160+ third-party payment gateways
– Multiple built-in tools
– Top-notch customer support
– Not the most user-friendly platform
– No mobile app
– Startup Store: $19.00 per month
– Basic Store: $29.00 per month
– Plus Store:$79.00 per month
– Power Store: $129.00 per month
– Pro Store: $229.00 per month
8. Magento Commerce: Magento is complicated, flexible and mainly targets itself to users that have had at least a bit of web development experience. It may not be the most-friendly but for the features it offers you, it is definitely worth it. It provides you with all the necessary E-commerce features you may need, there is a special emphasis on security and the built-in SEO is something all would appreciate. The freedom to modify your store that this open-source platform offers; it is perfect for start-ups as well as global businesses.
– Mobile-friendly configuration
– Advanced search engine optimization
– Customize multiple levels of security permissions and control internal access
– Third-party integrations
– Extremely scalable eCommerce platform
– Built-in security features and SEO
– Reliable with 99.94% uptime
– Not the best choice for beginners
Single Shared Hosting: $9.99 per month
Premium Shared Hosting: $10.99 per month
Business Shared Hosting: $15.99 per month
9. Squarespace: “This video is sponsored by Squarespace”. I just had to. Anyways, Squarespace that allows people with no coding experience to create beautiful looking websites with little to no trouble. Squarespace has won awards for their designs and that is what they are best known for aesthetics. However, they can do much more. This platform offers you a number of features and tools for eCommerce such as promotional pop-ups and offering discounts. It also provides you with hosting on all their packages. Squarespace is free to try without requiring your credit card information so certainly, if you care about making your website look good, you should give it a try.
– Customizable Templates, Page and Content Layouts
– Array of designs tool with custom CSS
– Multiple Contributors and Access Levels with Passwords & Page Locks
– Built-in Mobile Websites and Squarespace mobile app
– Very responsive and support team
– 4 different Squarespace mobile apps
– Best, no question, if you want the best-looking website
– Pages are a bit slow to load
Personal: $12 per month
Business: $18 per month
Online Store (Basic): $26 per month
Online Store (Advanced): $40 per month
10. Weebly: Weebly is one of the largest site builders that recently got acquired by eCommerce company Square in 2018. It is a drag-and-drop website builder which is one of the easiest ones out there upon which you can sell… even for free. The package that you decide to take depends almost entirely upon the size of your business and how many products you wish to sell. Though you don’t need to know how to code, you can absolutely get the best out of it if you do. There is little to no learning curve and with Weebly, you get your site up and running in no time.
– Simple Drag and Drop Editor
– Full-Width Image and Color Backgrounds
– App center for their own and third-party apps
– Run a blog alongside your store
– Very easy to use and user-friendly
– Blogging tools and password-protected pages
– For your first year, you’ll get a domain name for free
– Lack of tools
– Only 3 payment options
– Personal: $6.00 per month
– Professional: $12.00 per month
– Performance: $26.00 per month
Conclusion: All of the above 10 platforms will help you create a stunning looking Ecommerce website. They all differ here and there, in terms of price, features, all of which we have mentioned for your ease. Go through them, we have only mentioned a few key ones but there are a lot more which you should certainly give a look and then make a decision regarding which platform is best suited for you.