As a newbie, you may find the realm of web hosting overwhelming. There are a plethora of things to consider while choosing a shared hosting plan from a hosting provider and at times, you might need some guidance. Understandable.
However, choosing a plan can be tricky. And it’s even more troublesome when you are unaware of the market conditions and the benchmark standards. But fret not, we’ve got your back. In this article, we’ve included 6 of the best shared hosting plans out there! Let’s dive right into it!
6 Best Shared Hosting Plans for Beginners
A2Hosting has been around for quite a while, long enough for it to be called the hosting savant. They have been trusted with the data of countless bloggers, from beginners to experienced, and have received quite exemplary feedback.
With reliable uptime, provision of SSD storage for a performance boost, and provision of free SSL certificates, naturally, it would have been a crime to not include this hosting provider in the list. Whether you seek a shared hosting plan, VPS, or a dedicated plan. A2hosting has got you covered!
- Top-speed performance
- A profusion of developing and management tools to choose from
- Uptime of 99.9%, thus, highly reliable
- SSD drives for speed and performance boost in all hosting packages
- Provision of free SSL certificates
- Startup: $10.99 per month (Excluding discounts)
- Drive: $12.99 per month
- Turbo Boost $20.99 per month
- Turbo Max: $25.99 per month
- 20X times faster servers
- Unlimited storage, data transfer, multiple backups
- High uptime
- Value for money investment
- Commitment to the green cause
- Target audience-centered only in Europe and North America
Hostinger has been in the game for a long time and has been appraised for the cost-friendly yet, effective hosting services. You can count on it for high uptime, a high ranking on the search engine and secure operating, all at very low costs.
Indeed, if you’re a beginner and are completely ignorant about web hosting, this is a good place to start and develop your website to have a towering presence on the world wide web.
Recommended : Hostinger Web Hosting Review | Is it Worth to Buy ?
- Provision of free domain and website builder in all plans
- High uptime of 99.8%
- Server response time of approximately 43 milliseconds
- Money-ack guaranteed
- Provision of hPanel Control Panel
- Single WordPress: $7.99 (Excluding discounts)
- WordPress Starter: $14.99
- Business WordPress: $15.99
- WordPress Pro: $29.00
- Affordable plans
- Excellent for beginners
- Fastest hosting service
- Great customer support
Cons: Uptime can experience variation
SiteGround gives a new shine to creative bloggers, people who tend to lay enormous emphasis on design and templates. And therefore, aesthetic fans would have an excellent time partnering with SiteGround and embarking on a hosting relationship with them.
In addition to exquisite templates, excellent uptime, affordability, customization, and optimum site management is also thrown into the mix, making this hosting provider one of the most prominent ones out there.
- Customized hosting solutions tailored to your needs.
- Provision of cPanel control panel for effective site management
- 99.9% of reliable uptime guaranteed
- Real-time monitoring at all time
- Partners with Cloudflare CDN, Supercacher, SSDs, BGINX, PHPP 7
- StartUp: $14.99 per month (Excluding discounts)
- GrowBig: $9.99 per month
- GoGeek: $39.99
- Protection from encroachment and hacking
- Automatic multiple backups
- 24/7 customer support
- Fast loading speed and excellent performance
- Only Linux-based servers are compatible with SiteGround and not Windows
GreenGeeks is a hosting provider with just two aims; providing cost-effective yet excellent hosting services and keeping such services as eco-friendly as possible.
GreenGeeks have been known to keep their carbon footprints minimal, making it one of the most environment-friendly hosting providers out there. But their brilliance doesn’t end there.
They offer a pool of amazing plans at pocket-friendly prices, making it an excellent choice for beginners.
- WordPress optimized servers
- Automatic backups and updates
- Built-in PHP caching and Cloudflare CDN
- Free provision of SSL certificates
- Minimized carbon footprints
- Affordable plans
- Abundant of remarkable features
- Frequent downtime
- Lite: $10.95 per month
- Pro: $15.95 per month
- Premium $8.95 per month
BlueHost is a renowned rename in the realm of web hosting. They now power virtually 2 million websites on the internet. From newbies to veteran bloggers, all have tied up with Bluehost and received favorable results due to the plethora of features offered by them, their high uptime, and super-fast loading speed.
Apart from rendering comprehensive web hosting services, BlueHost also offers SEO services, social media marketing, and content creation services. Despite such a massive pool of amenities, the plan furnishes by BlueHost does not appear to be expensive.
- Provision of easy-to-use cPanel control panel
- Reliable uptime of 99.9%
- Integration of Cloudflare CDN for utmost protection
- Provision of free SSL certificates
- Wide range of web hosting services
- Easy upgrade to other plans
- Reliable uptime
- 24/7 customer service
- Fine on migration from BlutHost to some other hosting provider
- Choice Plus: $12.59 per month (excluding discounts)
- Basic: $6.84 per month
- Plus: $9.30 per month
- Pro: $20.40
Hostgator furnishes its users with all kinds of plans for every kind of hosting service. Whether you’re a beginner looking for a shared hosting plan, or an experienced blogger searching for a dedicated plan, you can get everything your HostGator.
As a beginner, you could quickly upgrade your existing plan once you begin to earn substantial money from blogging and avail better and more features from Hostgator. Trust us, it will be a decision that you would never regret.
- Free migration from Hostgator to another hosting provider
- 99.9% of uptime guaranteed
- Cancellation available under 45 days in case of unsatisfactory services
- 24/7/365 customer support ensured
- Money-back guarantee
- No fine on migration
- Provision of help every step of the way
- Affordable plans
- Free domain not provided
- Hatchling plan: $2.75 per month
- Baby Plan: $3.50 per month
- Business Plan: $5.25 per month
Dreamhost may not find its name with the big boys of the hosting industry such as Bluehost and Hostgator, however, Dreamhost too comes with its unique benefits that knock its rivals right out of the park.
Founded in 1996, the hosting provider quickly climbed up the ranks and it now powers over 1.5 million websites on the internet. Whether it’s a beginner or a professional, everyone can get something out of the remarkable services provided by DreamHost.
- Over 400 TLDs to choose from
- Easy personal configuration ensured
- Offers WordPress plan for shared and VPS hosting
- Provision of an easy-to-use website builder
- Unlimited bandwidth, and storage on all plans
- 97-days money-back guarantee
- Exceptional loading time and overall performance
- Servers located only in the U.S
- No provision of a free email account in the starter plan
- Two-year plan: $8.95 per month
- Yearly plan: $9.95
- Monthly plan $10.95
Selecting a web hosting provider can be tricky, especially if you’re a beginner. However, with the cognizance of ins and outs of web hosting, you could choose an ideal web hosting provider in no time. This article enlisted all the prominent hosting providers for beginners, including their prominent features, pros and cons, and pricing as well.